Pinterest is still a relatively new player in the social game, but it has amassed a sizeable following very quickly, with no sign of slowdown.
What is Pinerest? It’s basically an image sharing website, where users “pin” images, and share them with their friends.
You know the saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words”? That’s why Pinterest is huge! People love looking at pictures, and yes, pretty pictures of your restaurant’s dished, among other things, are great for pinning on Pinterest.
Let’s have a look at how restaurant owners can benefit from using Pinterest.Read More
Coming up with something really interesting to say, something your restaurant’s newsletter subscribers will definitely want to read, can be hard at times. You work hard on building your establishment’s email list, but writer’s block can set upon anybody.
If you’re having difficulties coming up with ideas for this month’s newsletter, here are a couple of tips to get those cogwheels turning:Read More
Getting the contact details from your virtual and physical restaurant visitors is the basic building block of having an effective, successful newsletter.
Keep in mind that with asking for an email address, you’re asking for personal information, which most people don’t give out easily. You really have to offer something of value to get their email addresses, but more on that later.
Where is a good place to get restaurant visitor email address?
Well, just about everywhere, for example:Read More
Mobile is here, and it’s not going anywhere any time soon. People love the convenience of having all the information the Internet can provide at their fingertips, wherever they are.
People of all ages in cities of all sizes trust their mobile devices for guidance on where to have a bite or drink. According to a recent Google report, 30% of searches relating to restaurants are made off of mobile devices.Read More
Once you create your restaurant’s/bar’s/café’s profile on social review sites, such as Yelp, Google Places, and all the other restaurant directories, you will start getting reviews from your guests.
More and more people are relying on public reviews to make decisions, especially when it comes to where to eat, so keeping an eye on them is important, and should actually be part of your public relations strategy.Read More
Getting reviews on social review sites for your restaurant is important for a number of reasons:
- Local SEO
- Creating awareness and trust in review readers due to social proof
- Learning how your visitors truly see your establishment
Sites like Yelp, Google Local and Citysearch play a huge role in the f&b business nowadays. Having good reviews on these sites is very important for any restaurant, bar, café, pub, etc. nowadays.Read More
QR codes have become more and more popular with the mobile internet revolution and growth of the smartphone market, which makes the use of QR codes by restaurants more and more important as well.
Basically, a QR code is an image that anyone can scan with a smartphone equipped with a camera and a QR code scanner program. Once the QR code is scanned, the smartphone will interpret the “code”, and carry out the function requested by the QR code.Read More
Unless you’ve got a nationwide restaurant chain, you’re local. This is something you must understand if you’re setting out on increasing your Google local search rankings.
Even the best restaurant in town, the one where you can only get a table 2 weeks in advance, the one that all of your friends talk about, it is still a local establishment. Chances are that 80% of it’s customers are local, and the other 20% are tourists looking for a place to eat. Nobody is going to travel great distances for food or a drink.Read More
Listing your restaurant/bar/caffé/pub website in as many local directories as possible is imperative to improving your establishment’s ranking in the search engines.
Listing your restaurant in all important directories is a manual process which will take a few hours, but you only have to do it once, so take some time off over the weekend, and make sure you get it done. To rank higher in Google, it isn’t enough to just submit your restaurant details to Google Places. Google aggregates data from the other directories as well, so you need to submit to all of the directories in this article.Read More